Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Sonntag, 6. Mai 2018, 09:44

MapleStory M is available on the Play Store within an English language open beta

MapleStory M is Nexon's latest attempt to deliver the Maplestory2 Mesos MMORPG to Android. It has since been eliminated, but that does not imply Nexon has given up on bringing the franchise to mobile. In October of 2016 MapleStory M was released in Korea, but there was no word about a English release. Well, it looks like we now know for sure that an English version is coming stateside as a public beta is up on the Play Store at the moment.

Now, 1 thing you may wish to keep in mind is that the current English record of MapleStory M will only be available on the Play Store until January 30th. The official release is planned for sometime later this season. So if you want to jump into the MMORPG gameplay, then you should do so post haste, since the clock is counting down. It's also worth pointing out that the game's servers will soon be wiped after this beta is finished, therefore any progress you make in the sport will be lost when it's officially published. Luckily any in-app purchases that will definitely be in the final release are not active for the beta, so there's no way to lose any money whilst analyzing out the title.

If you are unfamiliar with MapleStory, it's a highly popular Korean 2D MMORPG that's been available on PC since 2003. Yes it is super grindy, and yes it is very pay-to-win, but that's never seemed to stop any of its own fans. As for what sets MapleStory M apart from its PC predecessor, well, not too much, and that is a fantastic thing. Sure, there are a couple quality of life enhancements for simpler touchscreen controllers. One of those is the inclusion of an auto questing button in the top left of the screen, just like you would expect to find in the majority of cellular MMOs out there. Obviously, any automobile characteristics are optional, so you're free to play how you like, which is great for those of us who intend on playing manually.

Oh, and if you were counting on any sort of controller service, the beta has no such attribute. Maybe this will be added in later, but that's most likely a stretch since the game was available in Korea for a bit over a year now, and so much as I know, it doesn't have controller support either.

All in all, I must say I was surprised to see Cheap Maplestory Mesos Appear on the Play Store having an English variant. I am even more excited because it is indeed a whole lot closer if not nearly exactly the same as the PC version. Sure the super grindy gameplay will not be for everybody, and there's absolutely no doubt that Nexon will probably be nickel and diming its fans when the game's IAPs are live from the final product. But even with all the normal complaints, there's something quite endearing about the sport that's tough to just shrug off.